Easiest pot-roast you EVER made

I grew up thinking there was only one way to make pot-roast, that was 'mom's way.' Then, I got out into the big, bad, real world and realized that not all pot-roasts were created equal and not everyone makes pot-roast the same way. However, I still believe that 'mom's way' is the simplest, most economical and tastiest method. Although, the directions are brief, the result is divine. Please try it and let me know how it turns out for you.


Ingredients:
1   roast (pork roast, chuck roast or top sirloin roast) big enough to
     feed your family with fat trimmed
1   envelope onion soup mix
1   can cream of mushroom condensed soup

Method:
Layer these very simple ingredients in your crock-pot.  Cook on low for 12 hours. You can add cubed potatoes, carrots and onions during the last 2 hours if your heart so desires. At our house, I like to make up some mashed potatoes, and I use a little of the meat juice to make gravy (stay tuned for directions in an upcoming post.)

This is a fantastic Sunday meal. Make it up early, early in the morning or even the night before and you will have deliciousness waiting for you when you get home from church and are so famished you can hardly see straight!