Snow Themed Birthday

In honor of being featured at my very first Penny Pinching Party, we're talking about parties today!


My youngest daughter requested a "snow" theme for her birthday. At first, I found myself a bit baffled by the request, but it turned out to be a fantastic birthday theme. This was the cheapest birthday party I have ever put together and made the most lasting impression in all of our memories. The whole family was involved in the decorations.

I started by hanging white crepe paper streamers around the room. The kids made paper snowflakes using computer printer paper and they each made a 12 inch tall snowman out of foam from the dollar store. My husband made the giant, 3-D, Paper snowflakes using the instructions that he found on www.wikiHow.com. We hung snowballs (cotton balls) from the ceiling using thread and used snowball flowers for the table center piece.


Her birthday cake was a simple round cake frosted in white and sprinkled with coconut. We put the cake on foil covered cardboard that my husband (the artist in the house) drew a snowflake shape on using honey and then we sprinkled over it with coconut.

We were able to wrap her presents in Christmas paper, which is always more readily available in our home than Birthday paper.

This is such a fun theme. The decorations cost $1; the only thing I needed to buy was a pack of white streamers. I highly recommend this for the next birthday party in your home at any time of year. Ours took place in the spring, but it would also be delightful for a summer birthday when everyone is so badly craving a bit of winter chill.


http://www.thethriftyhome.com