No-Bake Easter Cookies


A very long time ago, back when I was new to the whole mommy thing, my friend's mom introduced me to these cookies. She made them and I liked them so much she wrote down her recipe for me. I took the recipe home and made the cookies. I was immediately horrified by my complete lack of self-control and inability to keep my hands off of them. I decided I couldn't be all willy-nilly about making these little pieces of heaven or I might weigh 300 lbs before I ever got around to having a second child.

A few months later, Easter rolled around. Easter is my very, very most favoritest holiday and being the new mommy that I was, I decided that I wanted it to be a tradition for me to throw an Easter Party Extravaganza each year for all of our family and friends. As I was preparing my menu, I remembered these cookies. I decided right then that these cookies NEEDED to be part of our Easter traditions. I swapped out the original white marshmallows for the pastel marshmallows and they fit perfectly.

Since then, I have made these stacks of deliciousness once a year. Easter wouldn't be Easter without them at our house. And adding to their taste perfection, they are a "no bake" recipe. It just doesn't get much better.

No-Bake Easter Cookie Recipe
1 block Almond Bark ( 24 oz.)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
3 cups Chow Mein Noodles
1 cup salted peanuts
1 bag pastel colored mini marshmallows

In a large bowl melt Almond Bark in the microwave following directions on package. Once completely melted stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter until well blended then stir in remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well coated.

Drop mixture by large tablespoons onto wax paper. Allow to harden. Makes about 30 large cookies.

Note: Occasionally, I have had a hard time tracking down Almond Bark. When that has happened I have used the white chocolate candy melts from the candy making store. Also, if you don't like peanuts you can leave them out and add a little more chow mein. You really can't mess this recipe up, no need to fuss over exact measurements.


Photobucket

Wednesday: Easter Attire





The Girl Creative

HappyDay