Microwave Cauliflower Recipe


Let me start by saying, I am not the biggest cauliflower fan. I'll eat it, but it is not my first choice vegetable. Prepared in this manner, though, it climbs the ranks almost to the top of the pack.

This recipe is credited to John, a man who is so dear and special in our lives for many reasons besides the cauliflower... though this recipe has proven to be a wonderful bonus in the deal.

Microwave Cauliflower Recipe
1 medium size head of cauliflower
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large clove of garlic (I use the jarred minced garlic)
2 or 3 teaspoons lemon-pepper (depending on taste; I like a whole lot)
1 teaspoon Paprika (optional)

Place the whole cauliflower in a bowl that is just large enough to hold it. Add 1 tablespoon water.
Finely chop the garlic clove and add to olive oil in a small dish. Microwave garlic and oil on High for 30 seconds. Brush the garlic and oil evenly over the top of the cauliflower. Sprinkle the lemon-pepper evenly over the top of the cauliflower. Then sprinkle the paprika evenly over the top, for color and taste.

Cover and cook in microwave for approximately 9 minutes on High, or until fully cooked and soft to the touch with a fork.

Cool slightly and serve.

This recipe is fantastic for potlucks. I can't be the only one who has had those occasions when I'm assigned to bring a vegetable side dish, but the only thing I can think of making is a dessert... well, here's a perfect vegetable dish! It comes out of the microwave super, super hot and will remain warm until the party has started. Or, if you are like me, you could consume this entire head of cauliflower yourself for one meal (ssshhhh, don't tell anyone I just admitted that craziness.)

Photobucket

Friday: Favorite Things Friday- Cabinet Spice Rack