I struggle with breakfast. I always get something made and served to the kids, but I have a hard time fitting my own breakfast in. I know it is "the most important meal of the day," but I am constantly struggling with my own breakfast eating habit. Recently, I've created an oatmeal concoction that is so delicious it has caused me to re-prioritize the meal. Since making this the first time, I haven't skipped one breakfast. It is filling and balanced and keeps me going through my morning work-out as well as my chores.
Best Oatmeal Recipe
1 apple cored and cut into small pieces
1 cup water
1/2 cup regular oats (not instant)
1 tbs flax seed
1 tbs peanut butter
Place apple and water in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once full rolling boil is achieved, add oats. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring during this time will produce creamier oats. When oatmeal seems to be thickened remove from heat and serve up in bowl. Sprinkle Flax seed over top and stir in Peanut butter.
The apples sweeten this perfectly and it doesn't need any additional sugar. The peanut butter provides great flavor. This tastes like a giant bowl of cookie dough, without any of the guilt!
