Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies


This deliciousness is a health-"ier" version of an old favorite. I'm honestly not too sure where I acquired this recipe, and I've made a few modifications to it. It makes a wonderfully large batch of cookies (about 6 dozen) which I really like, because I will make up about half and save the other half of the dough for later in the week. The kids love these, they are a great treat to add to their lunch bags and I feel good feeding these to them.

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup honey
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup splenda
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
4 1/2 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream all wet ingredients. Add in dry ingredients and stir well. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes.

Yummy!
Photobucket