Chicken and Stuffing Bake Recipe


Winner, winner Chicken Dinner! That perfectly describes this recipe. Yes, it takes an hour of oven time but the preparation to get it into the oven is only about 5 minutes. And I love running my oven, at least until about June, oven cooking makes me happy. Running the oven helps keep my house warm and I don't feel guilty at all about gas used to cook yummy food!

You just can't beat a recipe that takes so few ingredients and requires so little hands-on time to prepare. It is tasty delicious.


Easy Chicken and Stuffing Bake Recipe
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 slices of deli ham
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup (I go low sodium on this)
1 pkg stuffing mix (I prefer Mrs. Cubbison's stuffing mix, but any will work fine)
1 stick butter (cut into small pieces)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. In prepared dish layer all ingredients in the order listed. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until top looks crusty.

Serve this up with some veggies on the side and enjoy.

Photobucket

Friday: Favorite Things Friday- Nikki from Simple Travels in My Homeland will be guest posting!