I have been a blog writer, reader and follower for several years. However, this discovery about blog following was completely new to me. If you have known about this for ages and are now thinking I am the world's most dense blogger, please just don't laugh too hard. I've noticed the symbol on almost every page I've visited, it's even been on my own page. However, quite honestly, I had no idea what it really did. More than that, I had no idea how much time it could possibly save me.
I love reading blogs and for years, I have been a blog stalker, constantly checking them to see if my favorites have been updated. I am sure that I have probably made some serious marks on the stat tracking data for several blogs.
Last week, I discovered Google Reader. I can "subscribe" to my favorite blogs and they will be displayed in Google Reader. New postings will automatically appear for the blogs that are subscribed to. No need to check each page, the new posts will appear in Reader as soon as they are posted.
I love this! I can follow so many more blogs in less time. Using Google Reader makes my "blog stalking" hobby much easier and faster. How did I ever live without this? Using this tool affords me much more time for making bread, granola bars and spending time with my children. If you are like me and often find yourself lost in the wonderful land of blogs, this is the solution; you can still keep up on all of your favorites and your family will get to enjoy more from you than the back of your head as you obsess over reading the latest recipe or craft posting.
Oh, by the way, if you haven't already, you really should subscribe to The Common Cents home! (the link is right over there on the right hand side of the page, at the top of the column.) You can also choose to follow using Google Friend Connect, that's down at the very bottom of the page. Then go check out Google Reader, if you are following The Common Cents Home, you will see this post there!

Thursday: Recipe for Chicken and Stuffing Bake