Money Saving Disaster


Occasionally, being economical goes terribly wrong!

You are looking at a picture of our Toy Poodle, cute isn't he? He is very cute when he has a fresh haircut and groom. We are always so excited when he has gone to the groomer to get prettied up. However, his haircuts are a bit pricey. I pay $35 each time. I try to stretch it as long as possible in between cuts. I have trouble justifying spending more on my dog's haircuts than I spend on my own.

Then, I got the "brilliant" idea to cut his hair myself! I thought "how hard could it be?" I even worked in a groom shop when I was in college! I thought if anyone was capable, I was. Despite, the fact that the only thing I did in the groom shop was give dogs baths and I never actually cut their hair, I just knew that I observed enough cuts to be competent at cutting my own dog's hair.

I couldn't have been more wrong...


It's a disturbing sight, isn't it? The poor dog was humiliated!

Lesson learned! Sometimes, saving money is not worth the consequences! Things in The Common Cents Home do not always turn out as planned.



(The really scary thing about all of this is that I am now contemplating trimming my own hair...)

Photobucket