Not Yo Mamma's Nachos


Dinner last night was a new trial. A tasty one at that. The best part was that this was a simple crock-pot meal. Throwing a meal in the crock-pot is my favorite for a busy day because I'm able to start it in the morning before things get hectic.

Crock-Pot Nacho Recipe
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 red onion chopped fine
1 clove chopped garlic
2 cans low fat chili
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 cup frozen corn niblets
1 tsp chili powder

Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in a medium saucepan. Once browned combine all ingredients in small crock-pot. Cook on low for 6 hrs.

Put beans on tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese.

I attempted to make my own baked tortilla chips for this. Fail! This is the second time I have tried and both times it has resulted in chewy chips. Next time I will purchase tortilla chips to use in this recipe. Better yet, we all agreed that this would be fantastic over Fritos... oh, the possibilities!
Photobucket