Powdered Eggs


I love powdered eggs. I buy them in bulk from Honeyville Farms and they are a fantastic thing to keep in your pantry. While I haven't gotten used to the flavor of using them for my scrambled eggs, I do use them for all baking. I love the convenience of always having eggs on hand. I used to get really frustrated when I would go to make a recipe that called for 5 large eggs, opened the egg carton and found only 4.... aaaahhhh, that's frustrating! Now, with powdered eggs I never have that concern.

Powdered eggs are a big money saver, and here's why, always having eggs on hand saves me from having to run to the store to pick up eggs and bread. I make my own homemade bread and I have dozens of eggs in my pantry. Fewer trips to the store means fewer impulse buys and that means less money spent.

Powdered eggs also allow me to make baking mixes and store them. I am able to make up several batches of pancakes at one time and freeze the powdered mixes. When I want to make a batch of pancakes I only need to add water, mix and cook. My freezer is always stocked with wholesome and delicious pancake mix that does not taste like the flavorless cardboard stuff you buy in the store, it is the way to feed your family a quick easy breakfast and not sacrifice the wholesome and homemade nutrition that you want for them.

In my book, powdered eggs are the next best thing to having chickens in your backyard.


Photobucket