I love foaming hand soap. Sometimes, when I go into a public restroom and they don't have foaming soap, I momentarily consider NOT washing my hands... of course I do wash them, otherwise I would be just nasty... but I do admit to having that small internal battle over the situation. I quickly realized that purchasing foaming hand soap for my home could become a very expensive habit so I experimented a little and came up with the following solution:
Things you need to make Homemade Foaming Hand Soap:
Previously used, empty foaming hand soap dispenser
Glass stones or marbles (Mosaic Marbles-Clear
Normal, liquid hand soap refill (Ivory Liquid Hand Soap, Clear, Refill (16 Ounces)
Water
I put about 10-20 marbles at the bottom of my soap dispenser, you don't need many, but go ahead and make it aesthetically appealing. Now fill the dispenser approximately 3/4 of the way with regular ol' tap water. No need to worry too much about being exact. Fill the remainder of the way up to the marked "Fill Line" with liquid soap. Screw top on and shake, shake shake. The marbles will get it all mixed up just right. You should have marbles left over to do the same thing in other soap dispensers, I think I hear the one in your kitchen calling you! Using this method your refill bottle should last you a very, very long time. You will just need to add more water and soap when your foaming dispenser starts to get low.
I have also discovered that having foaming hand soap in the bathroom makes the task of washing hands much simpler for small children, they are able to rinse the darn stuff off so much easier.
Oh, one last benefit to the foaming soap, before I end this. Because the soap is 75% water, there is no need to turn the water faucet on to wet your hands before lathering up. One pump of soap has water enough for lathering and the only additional H2O needed is for rinsing. Seems like you might save a little water, huh? Especially if it prevents those little 3 ft tall hand washers from leaving the water running during the entire washing process.
