Bubble Gum Themed Birthday Party

We had a birthday party this weekend. This time the request was a bubble gum themed party. This really stretched the creativity. For the gum ball machine cake I baked a 9x9 square cake as well as a small round cake. I frosted the round cake in white and the square in red. Foil was used to give the allusion of a coin slot and gum balls were placed on the white round cake.


(my daughter got a "new" bike for her birthday that was a yard sale $10 score... it pays to hunt around!)

We hung bright colored foam circles on the walls and called them gum balls. I found a roll of pink trash bags at the dollar store and cut them into random "splat" shapes like popped bubbles. We had to use pink balloons to look like giant bubble gum bubbles.

My husband has had this gumball machine since he was a young boy and we set it out on the table as the the centerpiece. We also attached various bubble gum candies to her gifts.


And set out a small assortment of additional bubble gums. Check out those giant gum balls, it was interesting watching the kids try to devour those... and messy! The kids loved it.

I can't wait to see what my daughter thinks up for a theme next year, I'm sure she is already thinking about it. Each year we allow the kids to make a theme request and on the morning of their party they wake up to the surprise of how my husband and I have chosen to execute that theme. This was another inexpensive and fun birthday party.


Photobucket
HookingupwithHoH Beyond The Picket Fence